Posted on October 11, 2020 By admin
Startup Venture Partnerships (SVP) is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation, to join our leadership team. Qualified potential will be responsible for managing the finance and accounting division as we scale, to include controlling, financial planning and analysis (FP&A), creating projection and revenue models for the mobile app startups in our portfolio, developing and maintaining financial reports, tracking cash flow, manage strategic financial initiatives, as well as analyzing our financial strengths and weaknesses. As CFO you will also have significant input into our investments and capital structure, to include SVP income and expenses. In summary, the right-fit candidate must be financially adept; responsible for ensuring that risk-adjusted returns are adequate and synchronized with the SVP mission. All candidates must adhere to:
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act which includes provisions such as fraud prevention and disclosing financial information
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) established by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other regulatory entities
QUALIFICATIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Degree from an accredited university (or job equivalent training) in accounting, economics, finance, or statistics
- MBA or Master’s of Accountancy (MAcc) degree a plus
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation a plus
- Mobile app startup experience a plus
- Responsible for managing day-to-day financial functions, and building a highly effective finance and accounting organization to drive our fiscal performance
- Oversee taxation issues by working with external tax advisors, governments, and tax authority stakeholders
- Assist with forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, and obtaining funding for our portfolio of mobile apps
- Lead overall revenue generation, including sales strategy, sales operations, sales enablement and sales teams.
- Maintain and grow mobile app revenue streams across key vertical markets and industries, including marine, matchmaking, sports & entertainment, and film.
- Double our ARR (annual recurring revenue).
- Grow momentum in new verticals with new investor clients
- Extensive experience with financial modeling, including Net Present Value (NPV) based project analysis to inform and execute on the best and most profitable outcomes
- Assist and/or lead in the negotiation of key business contracts and opportunities
- Ability to drive performance through the creation of appropriate metrics/KPIs that provide a forward-looking view into trends requiring management engagement
- Serve as the primary interface for audit functions
- Deep experience developing financial and strategic plans to maximize long-term value
- Experience leading finance functions or organizations where long-term growth and value creation are a priority
- Capital markets experience, including interaction with bankers and other third-party capital providers
- Previous experience as a CFO is preferred but not mandatory.
Travel may be required, U.S. Citizen, valid US Passport or Driver’s License mandatory.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to who we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SVP is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in SVP
- An opportunity to help grow a different type of technology company
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote Work
About Startup Venture Partnerships (SVP):
Welcome to Startup Venture Partnerships (SVP), a technology company over 15 years in the making, focused on equity, inclusion, and diversity in the global mobile application market. SVP supports the evolution and growth of individuals, businesses, and communities with limited (or devoid) access to technology resources; by forging key relationship with strategic partners to design, develop, monetize, and launch successful mobile applications. The SVP mission is simple — enable, educate, and empower others to create successful mobile app startups.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, pls contact us. Thank you
*Download this opportunity in PDF format.